Butler University will welcome 1,040 first-year students on move-in day Saturday, August 22. Classes begin Wednesday, August 26.
Butler’s class of 2019 continues the University’s track record of attracting high-quality, academically prepared students. Here’s a look at some numbers.
-42 valedictorians and 16 salutatorians.
-Average GPA, 3.78.
-ACT middle 50 percent 25-30.
-SAT middle 50 percent Critical Reading 520-620 and middle 50 percent Math 530-630.
-19 Lilly Scholars.
– 6 National Merit Semi-finalists/Finalists.- 1 National Achievement Finalist.
The Class of 2019 comes from 37 states, D.C. and eight countries. Forty-five percent are from Indiana, and 55 percent are from out of state. About 180 come from the Chicagoland area.
This year’s incoming class is also the most ethnically diverse, with 15.7 percent multicultural students and 38 international students.
The breakdown by college is: 60 College of Education; 402 College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; 163 College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences; 86 Jordan College of the Arts; 250 College of Business; 79 College of Communication.
Individual students have:
- Received the National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists Award of Excellence based on outstanding grades, leadership potential, and determination in the field of medicine.
- Created a publishing company at 14 and published her debut novel, Era, at age 16.
- Performed at the Vatican, the Grand Olde Opry, and the Kennedy Center.
- Led his team to the Junior League World Series.