Central Indiana PreK-12 students will have the opportunity to attend free education matinee performances at Clowes Hall this school year, the Butler University Arts & Events Center announced today. Schools will still need to register in advance to reserve seats; however, there is no cost for students to attend these performances on the campus of Butler University.
The FREE performances are made possible in part by support from Regions Bank, who is sponsoring the performances of The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System.
“During 2020 and 2021, Butler Arts & Events Center offered free virtual education matinee performances for Central Indiana educators to keep the performing arts a part of their classrooms during the pandemic” Aaron Hurt, Butler’s Vice President for Arts, Events, and Enterprise Management, said. “Now that we are able to welcome back students in-person for the Education Matinee Series, we wanted to make sure cost wouldn’t prohibit a schools’ ability to attend the performances. I can’t thank Regions Bank enough for their generous sponsorship of The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System and helping to make these free performances a reality for our local schools.”
Butler’s Education Matinee Series includes six free performances at Clowes Memorial Hall:
- The Lightning Thief – October 6, 2022, 10:30 AM
- Frindle – January 24, 2023, 10:30 AM
- The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System – February 10, 2023, 10:30 AM
- The Pout-Pout Fish – April 4, 2023, 10:30 AM
- Junie B’s Essential Survival Guide to School – April 6, 2023, 10:30 AM
- The Gruffalo – May 1, 2023, 10:30 AM
More information about each performance and how schools can register their student groups for FREE tickets is available at https://butlerartscenter.org/education_series/.
For those whose schools may not be taking field trips this year (or so children can experience the magic of these stories with their families), ticketed evening performances will also be offered. Tickets for these public performances are priced at $20 plus fees.
The evening counterparts have tickets on sale now through butlerartscenter.org:
- The Lightning Thief – October 6, 2022, 6:30 PM
- Frindle – January 24, 2023, 6:30 PM
- The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System – February 10, 2023, 6:30 PM
- The Pout-Pout Fish – April 4, 2023, 6:30 PM
- Junie B’s Essential Survival Guide to School – April 6, 2023, 6:30 PM